Mother, 54, Choked To Death After Swallowing Boiled Egg
Published On: April 12, 2013
Source: Ghana | Dailymail
Mother, 54, Choked To Death After Swallowing Boiled Egg
A popular mother died after choking on a boiled egg during a pub eating contest.

Sharon Dixon, 54 was taking part in the egg eating competition at the Wellington Arms, Grimsby, when she began to choke.

Frantic friends and bar staff dialled 999 around 2pm on Easter Monday after Sharon began to turn blue during the competition.

Ms Dixon was rushed to hospital but died two days later.

Her daughter Toni today thanked those who attempted to save her mother's life.

She said: 'I have seen CCTV footage of what happened and it’s clear her friends and everyone there did all they could to help mum. She was surrounded by her friends.

'I do think more people should learn first aid though. If more people have this knowledge, it may stop incidents like this from happening in the future.'

Meanwhile Ms Dixon's friends lead tributes to the former pub landlady.

Jackie Cook, who had known Sharon for more than 20 years, said: “She would do anything for anybody. She was very strong willed and always there for anybody that needed help.

'All her life she was happy and full of life, she was up for anything. Everybody knew her and she knew everybody.

'We all called her Big Shaz. We all loved her, we are all one big family down here and she was a major part of that family.

'She used to be landlady for many pubs and even then she would do the rounds and go in every pub to see everyone.

'She would start at one end of Freeman Street and would go in every pub. I knew her for more than 20 years, I worked with her and I lived with her at one point.'

A close friend, who didn’t wish to be named said: “Sharon was a lovely woman. Nobody would have a bad word to say about her. We were very close.

'Everybody will have a story to tell about her. She was full of life.' 

Comments Add Comment

No recent Post